Schedule a free consultation with me today.
Experience and specialization
I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Wright State University, and a master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Xavier University. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Ohio – license #C. 1500327.
During my time as a counselor, I’ve worked in almost every possible setting I could. Private practice, schools, community agencies. I’ve worked with clients through the lifespan – from early childhood through adulthood. I’ve gained valuable experience with the LGBTQ+ community, as well as in developmental disability services.
From my array of experiences, I have been able to find work that ignites my passion, creativity, and heart.
This includes working with those experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety, ADHD, trauma, or some combination of all of these (they are so often connected based on our past and current experiences).
In therapy, I generally begin with a person-centered approach, meaning I want to give you what you need in session and my biggest focus is on ensuring that you are heard. Through the course of treatment, I draw from and integrate different approaches including but not limited to:
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
About my personal counseling style:
- I will never judge you. We’ve all got parts of us that we aren’t proud of, or things that are hard to talk about. I am a safe person to process these things with, and I will accept you as you are.
- I will be real with you. I will tell you what you need to hear, even when it’s not what you WANT to hear.
- I am goal-oriented and want you to feel a sense of accomplishment from our work together.
- I believe in you and I’m cheering you on.
When I’m not counseling, I love taking walks around the neighborhood with my spouse, toddler, and our two dogs.
I have experience with and am happy to serve those in the LGBTQ+ community, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people, as well as clients with autism and disabilities.
If this sounds like a good fit, let’s talk more.
I am currently under the supervision of Alison Price, LPCC-S, license #E.1800511-SUPV.