I partner with a colleague, Emiley Morton, LISW-S at Revive Cincy Counseling, who provides testing and diagnosis for autism and ADHD in adults.
Experience and specialization
I’m a mental health counselor located in Cincinnati, Ohio. I work with clients in-person in my Madisonville office, or anywhere in Ohio through a HIPAA secure telehealth platform.
My specialty and passion includes work with neurodivergent clients – particularly autistics or those with ADHD. I also frequently work with clients in the LGBTQ+ community, and have particular interest in the intersection of neurodivergence and gender and sexuality.
My practice is affirming of all gender identities and sexual orientations. I am also a neurodiversity affirming therapist. I believe that autism and ADHD are normal variations of human neurology to be valued and celebrated, and not something to be “fixed” or “cured,” while also acknowledging that autism and ADHD can certainly include their own specific challenges.
In therapy, I generally begin with a person-centered approach, meaning I want to give you what you need in session and my biggest focus is on ensuring that you are heard. Through the course of treatment, I draw from and integrate different approaches including but not limited to:
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
About my personal counseling style:
- I will never judge you. We’ve all got parts of us that we aren’t proud of, or things that are hard to talk about. I am a safe person to process these things with, and I will accept you as you are.
- I will be real with you. I will tell you what you need to hear, even when it’s not what you WANT to hear.
- I am goal-oriented and want you to feel a sense of accomplishment from our work together.
- I believe in you and I’m cheering you on.
When I’m not counseling, I love taking walks around the neighborhood with my spouse, toddler, and our two dogs.
If this sounds like a good fit, let’s talk more.
I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Wright State University, and a master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Xavier University. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Ohio – license #C. 1500327.
I am currently under the supervision of Alison Price, LPCC-S, license #E.1800511-SUPV.M